18 Easy Ways to Burn More Calories During The Day
1. Park further away from the store or your place of work. Every little bit of extra walking you can do adds up. Instead of spending 5 to 10 minutes looking for a parking place, just park a 10 minute walk away. You will not lose time, just fat.
2. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Avoid using the elevator as much as possible. Even if you are on the 20th floor, take the elevator to the 10th or 15th and walk the rest. Stairs are an excellent way to lose weight and tone the buttocks and gluts.
3. Walk around while you talk on the phone. If you talk a lot on the phone, get moving. Pace the floors, walk around the house, do some housework or dishes while you gab. It all burns calories.
4. Don’t use the remote control to change the channel. If you are habitual channel changer who avoid commercials, get off the couch and manually change the channel. Remember, every little bit counts.
5. Take your bike to the gym or to run your errands. Simple things like going to the post office, running to the convenience store or simply visiting your neighbors down the street can all be done via walking or biking and do not require a car. Another plus is that you don’t have to worry about parking.
6. Keep the temperature low at home, in the office and at night. Sleeping in a cold room at night burns more calories than when you are warm. Take that extra heavy blanket off the bed and sleep with less clothes on. Better yet, go nude.
7.Carry a basket instead of using a chart at the grocery store when possible. This may not alway be possible, but when you are only going to the market for a few things, use a basket for your items. In addition, attempt to actually do a few curls as you roam the aisles.
8. Wash your own car instead of getting it cleaned. There is nothing more satisfying than a clean car. Stop by the gas station, put some coins in the machine and vacuum your own car. Go a step further and wash down the inside. If you are really felling like burning calories then clean the outside too.
9. Do house work. You don’t need to spend hours cleaning the house, just do a little every day. Vacuum the floor one day, wash the floors another day, clean the bathroom, whatever you wish, Doing house work not only burns a lot of calories but it saves you from having to hire a maid and your house is always kept clean and tidy.
10. Iron some clothes. Most of the clothes we put in the cleaners can be washed at home so do just that and then get out the iron and go to it. Again, it will save you money and burn extra calories.
11. Play active games with your kids instead of watching TV. Kids spend way too much time in front of the television and so do adults. Instead of flicking on the tube, play a game or catch, hide and seek or anything that involves activity. You kids will be better off for it and so will you.
12. Mow the lawn. Mowing the lawn is one of my favorite things to do. It gives me great satisfaction and it burns mega calories. This makes a great weekend task assuming that your lawn is not too big and time consuming.
13. Do some gardening. Gardening is a great way to get outside, get in touch with nature, while burning calories. It is very satisfying and good for the soul. It doesn’t have to be flower gardening either. Try planting produce and herbs so that you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
14. Eat something spicy. Eating spicy foods like a variety of chili peppers can kick the metabolism into a higher gear. Eating just a tablespoon can really help boost your metabolic rate.
15. Drink green tea. Green tea contains flavanoids called catechins, which are believed to boost metabolism, inhibit fat absorption and reduce appetite. Oolong tea also speeds up metabolism.
16. Laugh a little. It burns almost 50 calories if you laugh for 10 to 15 minutes per day. Read a funny book or have a funny conversation. Laughing is healthy and good for the soul.
17. Fidget. Tap your feet, move your legs and arms, get up and down from your chair. According to a study done by the Mayo Clinic, when you fidget, you can burn up to 350 more calories a day than someone who remains stationary.
18. Workout at work. Try to take short breaks during your workday and do a few dips using your chair or a few deep lunges. Be creative and get moving. Read more...
Exercising in the morning can seem like a chore for many, but it is often the best time of the day to exercise. Morning exercise has many benefits. For instance, you have more energy in the morning, you get it over with early and your body is in major fat burning mode before your morning meal. Take a look at some tips to help you become a morning exerciser.
Determining your target heart rate
Aerobic exercise should be moderate yet challenging. It should not be too intense, and yet not too easy. For many people, especially beginners, this can be difficult to determine. A simple way for novice exercisers to determine their level of aerobic intensity is the talk test. If you can talk but you are having a difficult time carrying on a conversation, then that is a good level. You want to work out at a level that allows you to breathe but not so easy that you can sing.
Another more precise way to measure the intensity of your workout is using a heart rate monitor. A heart rate monitor is a small watch like device usually worn on the wrist, It measures your heart rate digitally and lets you know ifyou are working above your target heart range. If you're working out above your target heart rate, you're working out anaerobically. If you are working out below your target heart range, you're probably not burning enough calories for weight loss. When you work out within your target heart range, you're working out aerobically and burning the maximum number of calories you can.
Using a heart rate monitor requires that you first know your maximum heart rate. This can be determined using asimple formula called the maximal heart rate formula. It is simple to calculate: 220 minus your age. So if you are 30 years old, 220 minus 30 = 190.
9 ways to a faster metabolism
1. Eat an alkaline diet. An alkaline diet will help ensure that your body remains in an alkaline state and therefore does not hold onto fat. An alkaline diet will also provide you with essential nutrients and calories that will sustain your energy levels throughout the day. Avoid processed foods, sugar alcohol and other acidic beverages. Read more...
Aerobic exercise has many benefits such as cardiovascular health, stress reduction, increased circulation, improved immunity and strength and body conditioning. Not to mention it help flush toxins out of our body an promotes alkalinity. Combined with a healthy diet, it can also help promote long term weight loss if done properly. Read more...